This week’s Parashah covers Genesis 44:18 to 47:27. After 22 years of separation, Joseph and his brothers draw near to each other. After the brothers pass Joseph’s tricky tests of their moral character, he reveals himself to them as the brother they thought was dead. He forgives them, assuring them that everything that happened was the will of God. Joseph brings his family to Egypt to wait out the famine. What stands out most to me in the text is the specific selection of Goshen as the family homestead. Joseph, an expert strategist, had his reasons for pushing Goshen.
Subscribe to receive FREE e-news!
- Three Things You Should Know About the Charges Against Benjamin Netanyahu
- UN chief warns of nightmare scenario if Israel, Hezbollah clash
- PM Netanyahu Shows Piece of Wreckage of the Iranian UAV that was Shot Down by Israel on February 10
- RED ALERT: The Power of Deeds
- There will be no Palestinian Arab State
2012 Abbas anti-Semitism BDS Bible Cartoon Christian zionism Congress egypt embassy End Times flotilla france Gaza Hamas holocaust IDF Iran ISIS Islam Israel Jerusalem kerry Lebanon Netanyahu Nuclear Obama palestinian authority Peace Process quote recipe Red Alert replacement theology Romney Spot Report Syria Temple Temple Mount Terrorism trump Truth Report Turkey UN Video Weekly scripture