*Feel free to substitue regular broccoli in this recipe instead of broccolini.
4 quarts water
1 tablespoon salt
3 cups broccolini (1 pound) or regular broccoli
12 ounce angel hair pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 and 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 teaspoon fresh basil
4 tablespoons unsalted buttter
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1) Bring water to a boil in stockpot. Add salt and broccolini. Cook until tender (5 minutes). Remove broccolini with slotted spoon and set aside. Do not pour out water! When broccolini has cooled cut stems and florets into two inch pieces.
2) Using the same boiling water cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain the pasta well and reserve till needed.
3) Heat oil and garlic in large saute pan over med-high heat. Add broccolini and saute 5 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove and set aside.
4) Add stock to saute pan to deglaze. Add basil. Bring stock to a boil and reduce by half. Add the butter and goat cheese. Stir together until cheese melts.
5) Stir in broccolini and pasta with cheese sauce. Top with toasted pine nuts.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.