Israel is facing many challenges right now. Here are a few for us to consider in prayer.
1. THE ISRAELI/PALESTINIAN “PEACE” PROCESS:
A most recent poll by Tel Aviv University showed that 79% of Israelis do not believe that these peace negotiations will lead to peace or bring a positive outcome to Israel. The next round of talks between the two sides and the USA, are scheduled to take place on August 14th in Jerusalem. Israel has been required to release the first batch of bloody terrorists from prison prior to that meeting. The rest of the prisoners are to be released at the 4th, 6th , and 8th month marker. As a result the prisoner release of 26 men has been planned for August 13th. God forbid that any of these murderers be released! The chances of the convicted murderers returning to terror (or training others in the skill of murder) are huge. The families of those murdered by these criminals have appealed to the Israeli High Court of Justice to block their release, by forbidding President Shimon Peres, and OC Central Command, Maj.-Gen. Nitzan Alon from granting the prisoners pardons. The Israel government has asked the court to allow for the release without interference (suggesting that if peace can be made with the Palestinians, the threat arising from the release of these prisoners will be worth it). Unless YHVH intervenes, this dangerous move, and this humiliation of Israel, will go on as scheduled.
- Pray for that not one of these prisoners will be released.
- Pray for the families of these victims to receive the support of the Israeli citizenry. Rise up as one voice against this initiative.
- Pray that the Lord will remove this threat by His own hand.
- Pray for the cancellation of these “peace” talks, lest Israel get sucked deeper into this trap of false peace, which will desperately endanger all of Israel.
- Pray for Netanyahu to have the wisdom and leading of YHVH in all decisions.
- Pray for YHVH to forgive the US administration for forcing Israel to make these evil concessions, which no other nation would ever make, or be asked to make.
- Tzipi Livi, the chief negotiator for Israel is to be advocating for Israel. Instead, she has spoken to the participants around the negotiating table that Israel has been the one blocking the peace. She needs to be replaced now. Livi does not have Israel’s best interest at heart, but rather her globalist, humanist, worldview, is compromising Israel’s position. She has been oppositional to Bibi for many years.
- Pray that Livni will have a total change of heart, priority, and perspective, or that she will be replaced quickly.
- Pray for the voices of Danny Danon and Naftali Bennett to increase in influence and power, regarding the position of Israel in the nations. May they be led by YHVH, protected by Him, and prospered by His hand.
2. IRAN AND ITS NUCLEAR AMBITIONS:
The newly inaugurated President of Iran, cleric, Hassan Rouhani, hates Israel, and longs for her destruction. He refers to Israel as a “wound on the Islamic world” that needs to be removed. Six world powers, including the USA, are planning to talk with the Iranian leaders in September, in an effort to come to a compromise regarding Iran’s nuclear issues. When the nations seek to compromise with a vicious enemy of Israel, you can bet it is for their own benefit at the cost of Israel. What will this compromise (i.e. bribe) look like? How much money will be offered? How much technology will be offered? Is Iran going to hold out for the disarmament of Israel’s nuclear arsenal? Will the nations demand that Israel reveal her weapons and disarm, so that they can appease Iran to save their own necks? Very likely!
- Pray that Israelis will strike the Iranian nuclear facilities, where, when, and how YHVH instructs them to, if that is His choice. Pray that Israel will follow HIS lead, not the demands of the nations.
- Pray that, if the betrayal of Israel is on the agenda, these September meetings will not take place that the leaders of these 6 nations will be too busy dealing with their own problems to be able to bribe Iran with any resources, or too personally challenged to care about paying off Iran.
- Pray that Israel’s arsenals will remain secret, sealed, operational, and under Israel’s sovereign authority.
- Pray that these nations do not demand that Israel be disarmed, lest the wrath of YHVH come down hard upon them. To disarm her is to intend to leave her totally vulnerable in human terms; even though we know that YHVH will still protect her.
3. ANTI-SEMTISM and ANTI-ISRAELISM ARE GETTING BOLDER, LOUDER, AND CLEARER EVERY DAY!
This past Friday, Hizbullah chief, Hassan Nasrallah, boldly declared that the total elimination of Israel is in the interest of all the Arab and Moslem world, not just for the benefit of the Palestinians.
Add to that the declarations of countless Moslem clerics that it is the obligation of Moslems everywhere to undertake jihad for the destruction of Israel and for the “liberation” of Al-Quds (what they call Jerusalem), and you have a clear picture of what they have in mind. Why would anyone ever think for one moment that Israel would be allowed to exist in true peace with anyone of the Islamic faith, or with any of her Arab neighbors? The leaders in the West surely know this. Perhaps that is why Joel 3 is so significant now. (Take a moment and view this video of a Moslem in Toronto speaking about Israel and the Jews.)
The Israeli intelligence agencies (IDF and Shin Bet) presented their report of the terrorist attacks that occurred in July. In this one month, 38 Israelis were injured in terrorist assaults. Among these victims were infants and small children. Rock throwing attacks were directed against buses, against pedestrians and against families traveling in their cars. A minimum of 55 firebomb attacks by Palestinians was enacted over the 31 days of July, mainly directed against Jews in Judea and Samaria (attacks which the world considers justified because they are against Jewish settlers).
A youth from an Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem attempted to set a Jewish owned automobile ablaze in the neighboring community of Abu Tor. When the police intervened, several youth gathered to throw rocks at them. Violence against the Jews within and outside of Israel is increasing each day. The Moslem leaders have given the green light, and the demanded concessions (placed upon Israel by the West) have given the Arabs the sense that they have the upper hand over the Jews. Arab Moslem pride is running as high as their confidence in the soon coming demise of Israel at their hands.
- Pray for the protection of the Jewish people within Israel and those who abide or travel in the nations.
- Pray for the angelic hosts of YHVH to visibly appear in battle array, between the Arab attackers and the Jews they threaten. Terrify the enemies of Israel, Lord, and assure Your own people of Your protection.
- Pray for YHVH to personally deal with those Moslem leaders, who call for the destruction of the Jews. Pray for Him to deal also with the non-Moslems throughout the world that apathetically don’t care about these threats, or who support them with agreement.
- Pray for true believers among the Gentiles to arise in intercession, but also to speak against this wickedness, taking their stand with the Jewish people.
- Pray for YHVH to deal with the deluded Jews, who take a stand with Israel’s enemies, against the nation. These misguided individuals give support to Israel’s destruction; believing that YHVH disapproves of the Jewish state existing before the Messiah comes. Wake them up, Lord!
To help the Moslems in Syria celebrate the feast of Eid al-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan, the US administration sent a gift of $195 million in food and humanitarian aid. This additional sum brings the total of US aid to Israel’s enemies in Syria to $1 billion since the uprising in that nation began. There is no “good side” in this conflict between Moslems. Both sides would like to see Israel destroyed. Honoring the faith and the traditions, that call for the destruction of all infidels, (especially the Jews and the West) by this gift is outrageous. YHVH has caused these two factions of enemies (Sunni and Shiite) to battle each other. We need to stand back and allow Him to sort it, rather than to prop up either side, which will ultimately impact Israel in a negative way.
- Pray for YHVH to forgive the foolishness of this government for doing what is right in its own eyes, while ignoring truth and wisdom.
- Pray that YHVH would have His hand upon this conflict and continue to keep it from spilling over into Israel.
- Pray that Russia will not arise with greater influence at Israel’s northern border, as Assad seems to be gaining ground.
5. END OF RAMADAN
Moslem processions and gatherings will be taking place tomorrow in CELEBRATION OF EID al-FITR. At sundown tonight Ramadan ends. The celebration of Eid al-Fitr on Thursday will include massive processions of tens of thousands of Moslems in Israel and Gaza. When pride is running high, and when offense has been stirred by clerics calling for the end of Israel, these gatherings and processions could turn ugly.
- Pray for YHVH to pour living water out on these Moslem gatherings, processions and celebrations. Bring revelation and quench violence.
- Pray that impulsive or foolish Jews would not be able to instigate problems or to incite any incidents, against these gathering Moslems, that might lead to violence.
- Praise YHVH that we got through another Ramadan without a major terror event.