2 rolls (16.5 oz each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, very softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 carton (8 ounces) whipped topping
3 to 4 cups blueberries
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) With floured fingers, press cookie dough evenly over bottom of a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. You can also use a small rolling pin if you have it.
3) Bake as directed or until golden brown. Let cookie crust cool completely.
4) In mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over the cookie crust.
5) Spread cream cheese frosting over crust in even layer.
6) Arrange blueberries on frosting in the shape of the Israeli flag. One blueberry stripe on the top, one on the bottom, and a star of David in the center. (see Image below)
7) In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool glaze completely and then drizzle over the cake.
*Cake should be stored in the fridge.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.