*Roasted garlic mixed with a little olive oil provides a great dip for your Sabbath dinner challah bread.
1)Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2)Peel away just the outer layers of skin on 1 whole garlic clove. Leave the skin on the individual cloves.
3) Cut the tip of each clove so that the cloves are exposed slightly on top.
4) Place the clove on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, using fingers to coat each clove.
5) Wrap clove in aluminum and roast in oven for 35 minutes.
6) Remove garlic. Squeeze cloves out of skin.
7) Mash cloves with olive oil.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.