5 cups flour, sifted
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup orange juice
Filling: any flavor pie filling, preserves, jam
1) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2) Refrigerate the dough for several hours.
3) Roll out the dough on floured pastry board.
4) Cut out circles onto baking sheets and fill with a spoonfull of filling.
5) Pinch the corners together to make the traditional Hamantashen shape.
6) Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.