Tommorow at noon Ariel Sharon’s body will lie in state at the Knesset until 6:00 PM. On Monday at 10 AM there will be a memorial service at the Knesset, followed by the state/military funeral at 2:30 PM, where he will be laid to rest at his family’s Sycamore Ranch in the Negev. Throughout the coming week, the school children of Israel will be studying his life and legacy in their classrooms, as the nation mourns his passing and honors his life.
- Pray that the nation will be united during this funeral and the aftermath, rather than being divided.
- Pray that Sharon’s life achievements and gifts to Israel will not be overshadowed by his errors.
- Pray that he will not be idolized; causing unholy concessions to be made to the Palestinians in “honor” of his memory.
- Pray that his Zionism, strength, courage, and love for the Land would be lifted up and emulated by the people in a new way.
- Pray particularly for the youth, as they study Sharon’s life in school this week, that they might discover his faith in God, his character, and his courageous acts during the war of Independence, in the Six Day War, and in the Yom Kippur War. Lord, cause the children to see that this conflict with the Arabs did not start with the Jews about a Palestinian State, but rather with the reality that the Jews existed on the Land at all.
- Let the error of the Disengagement be clearly seen, and applied to the present day peace talks, but also let the people forgive Sharon for this error. Let no bitterness remain in their hearts, but let wisdom come from the lessons seen through this error.
- Pray that the rejoicing of the Palestinians, and of other Arab/Moslem groups, nations, and leaders would finally reveal the true intentions of those, whose mouths say they are for peace, but whose hearts are steadfastly longing for Israel’s demise.
- Pray that United States VP Biden, who is leading the US delegation for the funeral, would not seize this opportunity to call for Israel’s surrender to the peace process. Pray that he would by awakened to, and humbled by, the truth of Israel’s oppressors.
- Pray for security during all the events of state surrounding this passing and funeral.
- Pray that the Palestinians would not show their sense of victory over Sharon’s death, in the form of rockets being fired at Israel, or by terror attacks enacted throughout the nation. Pray for the safety of the whole nation.
- If Israel’s is heading into a time of war very soon, pray that the military leaders would freshly review, and learn from, the strategies and actions taken by Sharon, actions which saved multitudes, and which often turned the course of conflicts to Israel’s favor.
- Pray for Bibi to receive a fresh anointing of courage and strength, as an inheritance from Sharon, but also that he would see clearly the lessons that must be learned from Sharon’s errors in leadership, and not follow the same route into hopeful or coerced folly.
- Pray that Bibi would be able to speak eye to eye and heart to the people of Israel, so that they would feel and trust a kinship with him, in the midst of divergent views and roused emotions throughout the Land.
- Pray for the Spirit of Truth and for the Spirit of Revelation to be released over the nation of Israel in these days.
- Pray that the prophesy of 108 year old, Rabbi Kaduri, who died a few years ago, a prophesy which proclaimed that the Messiah would appear after Sharon passed from life, be fulfilled. But pray that it would not be the revelation of a false messiah to seduce the people away from the truth. Pray that the reality of the true Messiah could quickly come to the Jews, that the Holy Spirit would reveal Him and release revival over the Land.
There is a sense in the Spirit that the season has changed and that the passing of Ariel Sharon has turned a page. May YHVH be shown as the Father of Israel in a new way at this time, so that the nation doesn’t feel orphaned by the loss of a human Papa, and begin to grasp at false messiahs to find security and comfort. As we bless the Lord for providing Israel with the life and person of Ariel Sharon, at a key time in her modern re-formation, we stand on the walls of intercession, and cry out for the full manifestation of what His word claims for Israel at this time in her life. The Lord YHVH, He is God and there is no other. The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord! May His comfort be upon the Sharon family, and upon the whole nation of Israel!