1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups quick cooking oats
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped pecans
1 and ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup rasberry preserves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square pan.
2. With an electric mixer, mix the flour, oats, sugars, baking soda, salt, and nuts at low speed for 30 seconds. With the mixer running on low, add small pieces of the butter and continue to beat until the mixture is well blended, approximately 3 minutes.
3. Transfer two thirds of the mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the mixture evenly over the pan and press the crust down with your hands.
4. Bake the crust for 20 minutes. Spread the preserves evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture over the preserves. Bake an additional 30 minutes.
5. Let pan cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.