2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon cumin
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 red onion, sliced thin
½ cup lemon juice, fresh
½ salt, divided
1 ½ lemons, seeded and the flesh chopped in chunks
6 dates, cut into thin slivers
4 large oranges, peeled and sliced thin
1) For the dressing, in a small bowl combine the oil, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne. Set aside.
2) Combine the sliced onion, lemon juice, and ¼ tsp salt in a bowl. Set aside and let the onions sit for 30 minutes.
3) Combine the lemon chunks, date slivers, and ¼ tsp salt in another bowl. Set aside.
4) Arrange the orange slices on a serving platter. Layer the lemon-date pieces on top of the oranges. And then top the arrangement with the onion mixture.
5) Drizzle the salad with the reserved dressing.