1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 ½ cups fresh or canned corn kernels
1 cup chicken broth
4 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
4 tablespoons toasted bread crumbs (for Passover use matzah crumbs)
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 325.
2) In a medium skillet, sauté the onions in olive oil until they are opaque. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Puree 2 cups of the corn, the broth, salt and pepper in a food processor orblender until the mixture is smooth.
4) In a large bowl, combine the pureed corn mixture with the beaten eggs, parsley, onion, and the remaining 1 ½ cups of corn.
5) Pour corn mixture in a greased 9×13 cake pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
6) Place the filled pan inside a larger pan. Pour very hot water in larger pan so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the filled pan. Cover the kugel with aluminum foil.
7) Bake for 1 hour. Let kugel cool 30 minutes before serving so the egg can set.