My friend Robin at the Jewish Agency says her family “goes bonkers” for these matzo balls. They eat them every Passover and Thanksgiving. You may want to make room for these on your Thanksgiving menu plan.
2 envelopes matzo ball mix
4 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 ounces canned carrots, drained
1/2 cup fresh parsley
5 ounces chopped frozen spinach
4 cups chicken broth
1) Defrost the spinach and squeeze it dry. Set aside.
2) Mash carrots with a fork. Set aside.
3) Prepare matzo ball mix according to directions on box.
4) Add the cinnamon, mashed carrots, spinach and parsley. Refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes.
5) With wet hands form matzo mixture into 12 balls.
6) Bring chicken broth to a rapid boil.
7) Drop matzo balls into rapidly boiling broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.