*In Israel anything that can be swabbed in humus should be swabbed in humus. With that in mind for lamb chops I spread a layer of humus over a serving dish and lay the lamb and its juices on top. Think about it. If lamb and humus didn’t go so good together Israel’s shawarma stands would be out of business.
1 medium onion, sliced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 lamb chops
2 garlic cloves, minced
1) Put the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2) Combine the oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make a rub for the lamb chops.
3) After rubbing spice mixture over lamb, place the chops on the onion in slow cooker.
4) Sprinkle garlic over chops.
5) Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until the meat is tender.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.