*You’ll just have to trust me that Jerusalem artichokes taste much better than they look.
2 medium onions, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 and 1/2 pounds Jerusalem Artichokes, scrubbed and quartered
4 cups chicken broth
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt, pepper to taste
1) Slowly saute onion in olive oil for 20 minutes.
2) Add garlic and artichokes and saute on high for 5 more minutes.
3) Add chicken broth, salt and pepper.
4) Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Remove from heat. Add lemon juice.
*Recipe by Shelley Neese, vice president of The Jerusalem Connection. Click here for her articles and videos.